In 2018 a number of participating organisations showcased their work in the Digital Policing Area:
British Transport Police (BTP) is the national specialist police force for the railway in England, Scotland and Wales.
Our job is to keep the travelling public and people who work on the railway safe. We keep more than 6 million people and 400,000 tonnes of freight safe and secure every day.
We are experts in our field, including counter terrorism and armed policing in a rail environment. Our specialism makes us a vital player in the growing rail industry, keeping us at the cutting edge of modern policing.
Come and meet us in the Government Zone and see us in action in the live immersive arena.
The National Law Enforcement Data Programme delivering the Law Enforcement Data Service (LEDS)
The National Law Enforcement Data Programme (NLEDP) is part of the Home Office Crime and Policing Group, Law Enforcement Portfolio of Programmes. NLEDP will build the new Law Enforcement Data Service (LEDS), this will replace the Police National Database (PND) and the Police National Computer (PNC) by 2020.
Once LEDS is fully operational the PND and PNC will be switched off. NLEDP will then work to introduce new and enhanced data sets into LEDS such as, Biometrics, Images from DVLA & Passports, ANPR and analytical tools.
Come and visit our stand and meet the team and representatives from the law enforcement community, who are working with us to transform law enforcement.
For more information: Email email@example.com | Visit the NLEDP community on POLKA
The College is committed to developing the skills and knowledge of all of those that work in policing and a priority is to support front line policing with digital awareness learning solutions to increase their ability to identify and explore additional intelligence and investigation opportunities.
The Metropolitan Police is the UK’s largest police service, operating across London’s 32 boroughs.
Our aims are:
- Be the best crime-fighters, by any measure
- Earn the trust and confidence of every community
- Take pride in the quality and efficiency of our service so people love, respect and are proud of London’s Met
Over 40,000 Officers and Staff work under four business groups:
- Territorial Policing: Responsible for day-to-day local policing across London
- Specialist Crime and Operations: Responsible for a variety of specialist policing services
- Specialist Operations: Responsible for protection and counter terrorism
- Professionalism: Responsible for ensuring we operate ethically and to the highest standards