Now in its 11th year, this prestigious Award recognises not only the innovative equipment and technology produced by UK companies, but equally importantly, the partnership between people on the ground and those prepared to put the time and skill behind the development and production of new and ground breaking technology.
Today we live in a world where security requirements change rapidly. Our adversaries are ever more sophisticate in their tactics to commit crimes; the Police and Law Enforcement Agencies with the aid of ground-breaking technologies need to be one step ahead. The UK Security industry is a world leader in the innovation of advanced engineering, manufacturing and services and at ADS we are committed to raising the profile of our Members.
The ADS Security Innovation Award will be presented to the advanced engineer of a piece of equipment, technology or service which is deemed to be unique and innovative.
What the judges are looking for
- Products/services must have been brought to market in the last two years. This can include new versions/updates of existing technology
- Equipment or technology which has significantly improved crime prevention, or has significantly improved and made efficient police/law enforcement agencies operability
- Examples of a Government or commercial customer in which the product or service is currently in use
What can you expect from winning the Security Innovation Award?
- Enhanced visibility at Security and Policing 2014, including incorporation into the VIP tours
- VIP guests at the Security and Policing reception, including presentation of the award by a UK Minister
- Media coverage through ADS channels, including a feature in ADS Advance magazine
- A prime slot as part of the Briefing Programme at Security and Policing
Entering the ADS Security Innovation Award is a great way to showcase your innovation to the Security community, providing an excellent PR opportunity for your business. You will also be given the privilege of using the ADS Security Award Winner 2014 logo.
The 2014 Award ceremony will be held at the Security and Policing Reception on Tuesday 11 March, 2014. Judges for the awards will include representatives from the Centre for Applied Science and Technology (CAST).
Zaun Limited, a Wolverhampton-based manufacturer of perimeter protection systems, was crowned 2013 winner of the Security Award. The company’s Rapid Deployable System (RDS) fence has been widely praised for offering a fast, effective and adaptable solution for areas requiring high security, temporary fencing. Find out more.
Runners up for the 2013 Award were 3rd Forensic, in partnership with the Metropolitan Police, and their Forensic Image Linking and Management database. The database is unique in managing unidentified images submitted to the police from sources such as CCTV, mobile phones and social media.