UK Defence and Security Exports help the UK defence and security industries to export.
We do this by building strong relationships with industry and overseas governments.
We provide specialist export advice and practical assistance, working closely with industry and government departments including the Ministry of Defence (MOD), the Home Office and the Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU).
Who we are
UK Defence and Security Exports is part of the Department for International Trade. We have around 100 staff in London and another 27 members in our Export Support Team. We also have a small number of diplomatic posts overseas and have access to other overseas DIT/FCO staff.
UK Defence and Security Exports has two regional teams staffed by experts in their particular geographical areas and are the first point of contact for overseas customers and UK companies. These are:
- region one which covers the Americas, Pacific and East Asia
- region two which covers Europe, Middle East, Africa and Central and South Asia
The teams provide focused government advice and they lead on all matters relating to the export of defence and security equipment and services and support specific industry-led overseas marketing campaigns.
The teams are supported by cadres of defence and security specialists who provide first hand advice on defence and security capabilities.
Our Export Support Team
The Export Support Team comprises of serving military personnel with a wide range of expertise. They provide a wide range of support including impartial military advice, demonstrations and support at exhibitions.
We are responsible for:
- helping UK defence and security industries export their products
- maintaining relationships with overseas governments to promote British defence and security products
- working with MOD and industry to ensure defence and security products have export potential
- providing UK defence and security companies with specialist support to sell their goods
For more information visit www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-defence-and-security-exports